Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A State of Gratitude



Our thoughts are things that create our realities.  What we think strongly influences our emotions and where we vibrate at an emotional level will determine what we attract into our lives.  For example, if we’re living in a state of anger, hatred, and resentment, then we will attract this type of energy into our lives.  On the other hand, if we’re operating though joy, love, and compassion, we will naturally attract more of the same, high-frequency, positive experiences towards us.

One of the most powerful, positive states we can occupy is the state of gratitude.   When we feel grateful for what we have, we naturally open up the channels to attract more abundance into our lives.  

According to Esther and Jerry Hicks, “Because the vibration of appreciation is the most powerful connection between the physical you and the Non-physical You, this process will also put you in a position to receive even clearer guidance from your Inner Being.”

Clearer guidance from ourselves.  Meaning that we can more easily find exactly what we need within ourselves, which is exactly where all of our true resources reside. 

Whenever I find myself becoming stressed, overwhelmed, or unhappy over a situation in my life, I turn to my gratitude list. By writing down the things in my life that I am grateful for, my thoughts naturally expand on what is good which displaces my negative thoughts and mood.  This is something that has become a habit for me over the last couple of years and is something that inspired me to start my blog Gratitude Rising.  

Two of the best times of the day to practice stepping into the state of gratitude are before going to bed at night and before getting out of bed in the morning.  Just before bed, think of at least 5 things that you are grateful for or that went well during the day.  Keep a gratitude log or a journal and record them.  Doing this right before bed will also help set your thoughts into your subconscious while you sleep.  Before you get out of bed, you’re also likely to still be in this state.   Practice this often and watch what happens.   What you focus on, will expand, and that can be a very good thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment