Monday, April 25, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

The theme this week is detoxing the mind. Whether you realize it or not, this practice is equally as important as cleansing the body for several reasons:

  • Our thoughts are things that create our realities. Positive thoughts bring better things into our lives and negative vibrations attract more negativity;
  • There is a strong association between our thoughts and our physical health through the Mind/Body Connection;
  • Our mental state directly impacts our relationships with others;
  • The state of our thoughts influences how we feel about ourselves

Whenever I find myself becoming stressed, overwhelmed, or unhappy over a situation in my life, I turn to my gratitude list. By writing down the things in my life that I am grateful for, my thoughts naturally expand on what is good which displaces my negative mood. This is something that has become a habit for me over the last couple of years and is something that inspired me to start my blog Gratitude Rising.

Before getting out of bed in the morning or before going to bed at night, think of at least 5 things that you are grateful for or that went well during the day. Keep a gratitude log or a journal and record them. This will put you into a higher vibrational state, which is where you want and need to be for positive things to come into your life. It actually has the power to squash your negative emotions.

According to Esther and Jerry Hicks, “Because the vibration of appreciation is the most powerful connection between the physical you and the Non-physical You, this process will also put you in a position to receive even clearer guidance from your Inner Being.”

Clearer guidance from ourselves. Meaning that we can more easily find exactly what we need within ourselves, which is exactly where all of our true resources reside.

So what will you include in your Gratitude List??

No comments:

Post a Comment