Sunday, July 31, 2011

Digest for Week-endng 30 July 2011

With all the work I do on my computer, I decided I wanted to start caring more for my eyes on a daily basis. And then I expanded this to include all my muscles from the neck up, which I’ve all but ignored most of my life. Three of this week’s posts talk about working the muscles in our heads and what the benefits are of doing this. I talk about one of the main challenges we face when eating out, and alternatives for making some of the foods we crave gluten-free.

A Workout for the Eyes

If you’re staring at a computer screen all day, here are some exercises that will help strengthen the eyes and offer relief from eyestrain.

A Workout From the Neck Up

Like the rest of the body, the muscles in the face and neck need work to stay toned and strong. Here are some simple exercises to help with that.

A Case of Vanity

Keeping our faces looking youthful as we age is not necessarily about keeping our skin firm and wrinkle-free. There’s a lot to consider that’s going on below the surface.

Portion Distortion

We don’t have to fall victim to the astronomical portion sizes when we eat out.

Gluten-free Pancakes

It’s fairly simple to turn a traditional pancake recipe into its gluten-free cousin. Here’s what I sometimes use that works like a charm.


Satisfying a Pasta Craving

There are a number of options for gluten-free pasta when the craving hits. Here is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment