Monday, July 25, 2011

A Workout for the Eyes

Do you spend a lot of time on the computer? For me, some days, it’s more hours than I would like to admit. And over the course of the day, I sometimes notice my eyes getting dry, tired, achy, or blurry. Over time, this can put a strain on the eyes and affect my vision. Another of the many reasons I love to escape to my yoga class!

If you’re experiencing the same thing, there are things that you can do to alleviate the affects of staring at the computer screen (or the cell phone or the television). Just as working out is important for keeping our muscles toned and in top shape and our bodies healthy, our eyes need to be exercised to keep them performing at their best and the surrounding muscles strong.

One simple trick you can use is to frequently look away from the screen at something further in the distance to keep your focusing sharp. This blog also describes five simple exercises you can do every day to keep your eye muscles and focusing power strong. I’ve tried them all and they’re quick and can be done anywhere (except while driving of course!). I’m also thinking that it might look a little strange if you were seen doing the figure eight exercise on the train or subway. It’s definitely a workout for the eyes, but if feels like it may look a little freaky : ) Try them, though, at your desk, or in the comfort of your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment