Today’s post is about a very simple exfoliating scrub/face mask I’ve been making for years with ingredients from the kitchen. Here are some of the things I love about it:
- It’s made fresh so there’s no need for preservatives
- It’s made fresh so it doesn’t take up space in the bathroom
- It costs pennies to make
- There's no waste
- It uses edible ingredients so there’s no need to worry about ingesting it
- It’s safe to wash down the drain
- It’s hydrating so it leaves the skin dewy
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 teaspoon coconut oil
½ teaspoon ground flax seeds
Mix the three ingredients together. Work it into dry skin; if the skin is too wet, the mixture will become very runny. Rinse with warm water immediately or allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.
It never fails, my skin is glowing after using this mask. If you don’t have flax seeds, try almond meal or even ground oatmeal. Anything that will add a fine grit will work OK.
Have a glowing day!